However, I do like to take some time at the end of the year to reflect a little. It's sort of a "thanksgiving" for me.
As I look back at 2008, I realize how many special events occurred in my life. Here are some of the highlights:
- Shayna graduated from High school in the top 10% of her class. No small feet since her class had over 400 students.
- Shayna was accepted into every college she applied to, and we supported her with her decision to attend SUNY New Paltz.
- I took my oldest child to college, and left her there to start the next phase of her life.
- Jack has grown into a preschooler, who is healthy and happy.
- Kenz started Kindergarten. We've watched her make the adjustments and transition from daycare to school, with the same enthusiasm she tackles all of life.
- I left one job, and started another in June. It was a challenging transition for me.
- I bought my first bicycle since I was a kid, and fell in love with the fun of riding again.
- I entered a Sprint distance Triathlon.
- I trained diligently for the tri, pushing my body and mind to new fitness levels with brick and double workouts.
- Even though the official tri was cancelled due to a Hurricane, Kevin and I persevered and ran our own race. With the support of the kids, we completed the first annual "Home Tri" as we affectionately named it.
- We had a great visit from my sister (pennycandy) and her family in July.
- We were able to take a family vacation to the Cape with friends again this past summer.
- We enjoyed good health and friendships throughout the year.
So, here's to another great year! I'm looking forward to the exciting things that will happen in my personal life, and the world around me.