Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Little Piece of History

December 26th is my Grandmothers birthday. She was an awesome lady. She had 9 children, and worked hard her whole life. I don't have many photos of her, so this one is precious. Shayna recently found it and forwarded it to me.



The people in the picture are Me, my Mom, and Grandma Jennie holding baby Shayna!

So this is when I will ask anyone who knew Grandma Jennie (as Shayna Jennie called her), to share some memories of her.

Here is a very short one of mine, but since I love food, it's a good one: She made the best fried chicken ever! And, I developed my love of the chicken skin from her! The memory of her chicken is almost enough to make me think about eating meat again. (not really)

2 comments:

PennyCandy said...

You beat me to it I had planned to create a blog about Gram this weekend when I had free time.

Felicia said...

lol, that's funny! Sadly, I don't have very many memories of her. Except I loved her oyster stuffing!