Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Next Race

I've signed up fo another 5k. This one is in the same state park as the last race I did, but a slightly different course.

http://www.teamteagan.com/

The race is to benefit an area family who's little girl has Leukemia. All of the proceeds go to Ava's family. The entry fee is higher than anything I usually consider, but supporting this family is worth it.

There are lots of area races, so I choose which ones I'll participate in by 3 criteria: What is the cause I'm running for? What is the entry fee? and what is the actual course?

If there are 2 races close together that are appealing, then I resort to my tie-breaking question: "Who has the cooler race t-shirt?"

I'm curious, if you are a runner/triathlete, how do you choose your events?

1 comment:

PennyCandy said...

If I ran I would use the cool shirt and the snacks that are at the end of the race.