Saturday, September 5, 2009

One week From Today...

Next week at this time, I will be posting the race report for my second Triathlon of the year.
http://myschalmont.org/swim/documents/2009TriInfo.pdf

I'm ready! This is a shorter course than the last race, which has some benefits. Hopefully, I won't get kicked in the head during the swim this time.

Tomorrow I will ride Krumkill Road and do a 30 minute walk/run as the final hard training session before the race. After that, I'll try to get in the pool at least once this week. And do some running, but all the real work is done by now.

I'm excited because a friend from High School is traveling from Vermont to compete also. We haven't seen each other in years, but it will be great to know some one at the race.

I'll spend some time this week going over my race plan in my head. I have my scripts that I've been using during training sessions,and they seem to be working well for me. Part of my strategy is to look at who is racing, so that I get a sense of what I'm up against. As of yesterday, there were only 57 people registered. 9 of them were women in my age group. That number will probably jump to a total of 70 by the race. We'll see how it all falls together.

Kevin is not entering this race. He still hasn't recovered from the swim experience of the last race, so he will bring the kids to cheer me on.

4 comments:

PennyCandy said...

Way cool and good luck. Who is racing with you?

HeidiTri's said...

Thanks! Andrea Brown. We were friendly in HS, but were mot great friends. Reconnected on FB. It's one of the things I love about that site.

Doohickie said...

Good luck!

Felicia said...

Good luck! Hopefully your shoulder/back will be feeling much better by the race!