Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life has Been Busy

So, what has kept me away from the blog?
Hmmm. First, there is end of the school year chaos to be contended with. Shayna came home from New Paltz a couple of weeks ago. We love that she is home, but the transition always requires some time and attention. Mack has had field trips and concerts, and still has homework. Jack is lovable Jack, rolling along with everything that comes his way.
Then, there is the weather! We've had gorgeous weather here! The pool has been open since the first week of May, and we've been using it. The kids have been in almost daily for the past 2 weeks!
Third, Kevin's schedule and the affects that has on the rest of the family. His school year hasn't ended yet. SO, he continues to have teaching responsibilities. On top of that, he's been gigging extensively. Sometimes 3 or 4 gigs a week. That's a lot of time to be out of the house. And, a huge amount of tasks thrown on to my list, in addition to all the things I do in a normal week.
Finally, my foot. Geeze Louise, will this ever get resolved! I had an MRI done 2 weeks ago, and met with Doc H. this past Friday. The stress fracture has healed. However, the MRI found a second issue that neither of us were expecting. I have bruising of the Talus bone, with significant swelling.

I didn't associate the pain as radiating from that point, but once Doc H. saw the report, he indicated it makes sense that the nerve pain is stemming from that swelling.
So, I was instructed to go buy new shoes for work- most of mine have a strap across the top of the foot that is probably irritating everything. And, again I was told no running (except in the pool) for 2 weeks. Frustrating, to say the least.

But hey....I still have AQUA JOGGING! I try to say it with enthusiasm... sort of the AA philosophy of "fake it til you make it." I'll let you know if it works.

2 comments:

PennyCandy said...

Water Jogging sounds so thrilling I might run right out and try it...maybe not.

Seriously I am sorry your foot is still bothering you. I know you are frustrated.

You are even more crazy busy than me. Can't wait to see you in July.

Felicia said...

When I first read about your hubby gigging, I mis-read it and thought you wrote "giggling"! LOL! Hope your foot heals quickly!