Thursday, May 28, 2009

Favorite Running Gear

This could go on the popular Face Book application: "25 Surprising Things you Might Not Know About Me."

Here's the surprising fact. I love running skirts. Love them. I don't even own a pair of running shorts any more. They are my favorite piece of running gear.

For some one who never wears skirts, this is odd. But, here's the deal: They are way more comfy than shorts. No wedgies occur with the skirts. And this is the other thing- it feels powerful to run in a skirt. In the rest of my life, I don't like skirts because they are so confining. You must "act like a lady" when you are wearing a skirt. (Thanks Dad). I have never been one to "act like a Lady" even on the rare occasion that I've actually tried to do so. Therefore, skirts do not have much of a place in my closet.

But the running skirt-now that's a different story. Short, lightweight, no wedge, Girl power all the way. A skirt that says "act like a lady"="kick some serious butt!"

My favorite is http://www.runningskirts.com/running-skirts.html

But, even Target has an inexpensive version to get you started. This is my theory: Running skirts are so cool, that putting one on will entice even the non-runner to get out on the road. If you decide to test my theory, let me know the results!

Peace.

4 comments:

Doohickie said...

Sorry, Hei, I'm *not* testing your theory.

;- P

Felicia said...

omg! I was just reading another blog and the girl had bough a running skirt at Target! How funny! I've been power walking every morning for a month now, so maybe I should invest in a pair. Who knows? They may even give me the desire to run!

PennyCandy said...

Okay I may go buy a pair just to wear so people think I work out. You know kinda like I now have to wear the bike/driving gloves so people think I ride.

HeidiTri's said...

Felicia-I think you would definately love the skirt-you're mcu more aware of fashion than I am!

PC-go get one. You can use it on the elliptical. If you keep buying all the gear, you might be inspired to use it!!!