Friday, April 9, 2010

Feelin Groovy

My foot is still kicking my Arse! I have clearance to swim and do pool running. Let me tell ya, pool running is about as fun as going to the dentist. Okay, it's not quite that bad. But, it's not so great. I did purchase a waterproof case for my I-pod and sprang for the 2 day shipping. So, that will be here on Tuesday, and it should make the whole thing better.

I'll let you know how it works.

In the work world, I've had a great week. It started with a three day NYS TBI conference for all the clinical directors and Program Managers in the state. We were joined by our state director, three regional directors and the VP of clinical services in the northeast. The information covered during the conference was fantastic. I felt like it was the best, most productive conference I've been to in a long time. My colleague and I returned to our office with some great ideas for how to improve the quality of care that we offer. We met yesterday and developed our list of goals and our plans to address them.
This afternoon I forwarded the list to my office mates and our 4 supervisors who had organized the conference. Within 15 minutes, all 4 supervisors responded to the email with incredibly positive feedback. Within 30 minutes, the VP of the company had been sent the email, and responded to our office!
I'm so proud of this. In a national organization that provides health care services, it's pretty amazing to realize that we've put together some plans that are being recognized as "Stellar" by the VP. It was a great way to end the week!

3 comments:

Life Is What We Make It said...

Cool Mama!!

<3

Pining for Pinterest said...

That is great news :) I hope you have a wonderful week! Good luck with the pool swimming!

Justin said...

I gotta agree that pool running is about as much fun as the dentist... without the long wait :-p