Thursday, February 12, 2009

What NOT to give your wife for VD..

Here is my list, comprised from hearing many horror stories over the years:

1. A stuffed animal. No self respecting woman over the age of 13 really wants a stuffed animal as a gift. Not for any occasion.

2. A vacuum cleaner. Especially when the reason is something like this: "Well my vacuum in the garage broke, so I thought I'd give you the new one and take the old one to use out there."

3. Chinese food ordered in.. UNLESS she suggests it. Otherwise, it just looks like your trying to skimp out on the holiday. In which case, be a man and admit you don't want to "do" Valentines day.

4. Lingerie-unless you know for a fact she loves to wear it. As in, she wears it even if you're not around. Otherwise, it's really a gift to yourself. Because, trust me, it's never comfortable stuff.

5. That piece of jewelry at the chain store that's been marketed like crazy for the past month. It's unoriginal which makes it unromantic. Sorry. If you're doing jewelry, put some thought into it.

And last but not least...
6. An actual VD.

PS: Kev- if you're reading this, new running shoes spell romance to me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Felicia said...

lol that is so true!! Sad to say though, I would kill to actually receive those over priced roses for Valentines Day just once.....but I think that's only b/c I worked at a florist for so long. It's kind of depressing to see all those flowers to go to everyone except yourself!

HeidiTri's said...

Flowers are cool...just not roses. They are pretty cliche.

PennyCandy said...

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day. It is just way overdone and I really could care less.

HeidiTri's said...

We don't really do it either. But, since I need new running shoes anyway, and I'll be getting them tomorrow-we'll call it a gift.

PennyCandy said...

Okay I have to ask do really "need" new running shoes or do you "want to new running shoes? :))

Most people know but just in case I love roses they are my favorite flower especially the Belinda's Dream that grows in my front yard.

HeidiTri's said...

Ireally need new running shoes. I got this pair in July of last year.So, I'm overdue. If running shoes aren't replaced regularly, it will lead to knee and foot problems. So, running shoes are the one shoe that I have no qualms spending big money on. I go to the specialty running store, they analyze my gait and my needs, have me try on a few pairs(running a couple hundred yards in each), then I make my choice. I refuse to look at the price of any of them. Because, it's THAT important to have the right pair.

So, Penny-I know you guys don't do Valentine's day, but what your saying is that if Doohickie wanted to surprise you for one year, it should be with roses? Did I get that right?

Unknown said...

I love my roses. BUT someone didn't get me anything at all for my anniversary so it was a very nice surprise. : )

Life Is What We Make It said...

... What's a VD?
And I would like to argue number 1! I LOVE getting stuffed animals... as long as they're huge and fluffy :-D

HeidiTri's said...

VD= STD.
1 in every 2 people will have one by the age of 25. Wrap it or keep it in!!!