Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Movin and Shakin

A few big things have been happening around here. Let me see if I can bring y'all up to speed.
First, Kevin has been asked to audition with a premiere funk band in the area. His audition is this Wednesday, so he's been crankin on the tunes- getting ready. Not to mention, he's spent some time improving his stage image. Shhhh...don't tell him I told you, but he even got his eyebrows waxed! He looks Fantastic! Stay tuned for the results of the audition.

Shay has been getting ready to head back to school this weekend. So, she and the kids have been spending every possible minute together. She's pretty psyched to be going back.

Plus, I have a conference in Tampa that I have to go to from this Thursday through Sunday. It's amazing how much effort it takes to go out of town. We had a conference call today, during which we were told to dress Business casual for the whole weekend. Well, that's a problem for me. I'm supposed to dress that way all the time, but I definately push the envelope into "casual" often. I mean, I'm doing home visits all week long. Sometimes in not so great neighborhoods. So, I'm not kidding when I say that I have to wear shoes and clothes that I can run in if I need to. It's only happened twice in the past 10 years, I promise Mom! Anyway, this meant that I had to go buy some new clothes. I'm never great at buying new clothes, especially when it's under pressure. But, I had great luck today! I found the best dress! And some awesome black boots! I love black boots. I'd have 5 pairs if it wouldn't give poor Kev a heart attack.

Finally: training. I got in the pool last week for the first time since October. I'm hoping I'll be able to swim while in Florida. The hotel web site says their outdoor pool is heated-so we'll see. I've been running 3 times a week pretty consistently. And..And this is exciting...I'm seriously considering running a 1/2 marathon in April! I'm spending some time looking at some training plans and seeing if I can make the time commitment, and make them work with my tri training. The general opinion of the people in my BT mentoring group, is that it is doable. If you have any thoughts or opinions about this, I'd love to hear them!
Okey Dokey- That's it for tonight.
Peace.

4 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

I think a half marathon in April would be great! I will be doing one on April 24th :-0

Felicia said...

Lots of exciting stuff! Tell Kevin Good Luck! And have fun in sunny FL!! I think you should go for the marathon! You can do it!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Ooooh! I'm leaving for Orlando on Saturday! Too funny! Enjoy, hopefully it'll be warmer there than a few weeks ago! Hope hubby's audition went well today!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.