Friday, August 21, 2009

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

"I must've slept on it wrong"

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

My shoulder hurts. It hurt all day long.

Okay, for those of you who don't do Tri's you're saying, "What's the big deal?" Or perhaps,"Suck it up, you big baby!"

The big deal is that the first leg of a Triathlon is the swim! That means use of the shoulders!
Mine is popping and feels tired. I swam tonight, because that's what my plan said to do. But, it hurts more now.

So, I'm telling myself it's because I slept on it wrong. And, in the morning, it will be just dandy!!

Please, send some positive energy my way, if you've got a little to spare. Thanks!

6 comments:

PennyCandy said...

I will send positive thought and prayers and maybe you should call the chiro just in case.

Doohickie said...

When that happens to me I pop a few Advil and sleep it off. Works every time. Of course in my case, I really do sleep on it wrong sometimes.

Larissa Powers said...

I often sleep on my back/shoulder wrong and it kills! In fact I had this problem just days before my first triathlon ever. I went to a massage therapist and asked them to work it some and it instantly felt better. A chiro might be a good option if they have a massage therapist on site... some things don't need cracking/adjusting, I think.

Felicia said...

I hope it's feeling better!

Doohickie said...

So.....

How's the shoulder doin', Hei?

HeidiTri's said...

Shoulder is mostly better. I haven't been in the pool since this post. Thanks for asking!
Of course, I'm doing so much tylenol for the knee in this weather, that who can really tell how the shoulder is :)