Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Next Race

Because it's so late in the summer, I didn't think I would be doing a second Triathlon this year. Then, I found this one.. http://myschalmont.org/swim/documents/2009TriInfo.pdf
It's the Duanesburgh 1st Annual Sprint Triathlon! 1/3 mile swim, 10.4 mile bike, and 5k run.

So, I'm off and training again. This time I decided to take a look at the elevation and grades of the bike/run. Here are the comparisons between The Northern Columbia Tri Bike course: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/ny/canaan/384124853372762839


This time I'm not fooling myself into thinking it's no big deal! I will train on hills for the next few weeks.

And the run...Well, to hell with it. The run will never be easy for me. I'll just suck it up and deal with it...Or maybe I'll take a look at it next week.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Cool! Good luck!

PennyCandy said...

Good luck! Hey do you have to run the run? Can it be a jog or a fast walk?

HeidiTri's said...

Well, my "run" is a jog...but I'm not very fond of that phrase. It sounds old and fuddyish.
The goal is not to walk, but some people do, and in the last tri, I walked that killer hill.