Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MJM 5K

A month or so ago I wrote about my plan to organize a local 5k as a fund raiser for the non profit organization That I sit on the board of.
"Mindfull Journeys Mentors" is a brand new 501c3 organization. Our mission is to develop a network of peer supports and various mentoring programs for people with Traumatic Brain Injuries.
I did significant leg work in beginning to organize the event. Then, at our September board meeting, I realized that we would not really be ready to host a fall race. Our "Roll Out Event" will not be until sometime in November. This is when we will introduce ourselves to the Brain Injury Community, and begin to gather members.

So, the MJM 5K has been postponed until the Spring of 2010. We, as a board agreed that the first order of business must be the Roll Out.

Stay tuned for the date and event info. If you are here in the area, we'd love to have you join us!

No comments: